Since mid March, Monadnock Covenant Church has been holding online or outdoor services and small group meetings only to keep the congregation safe during the pandemic. Over the past few months a team has been working on putting together the necessary safety protocols to allow us to safely return to in person, indoor services and meetings for the rest of the fall. Based on the survey results, there is a strong desire to return to holding services and meetings inside the building. The Leadership Team has agreed to allow small groups and meetings to resume in the building, and Sunday services to be held on the first and third Sunday of each month. We will be completely online only for the second, fourth and firth Sundays for the time being, and will review the plan over the next few months.
We are aware of how many other groups would like to use a safe indoor space for their gatherings and because of that we are going to space out larger group gatherings to accommodate the needs of the other ministries of MCC — our small groups, youth groups etc. to safely use the building. Every Sunday we will continue to devote time and resources to ensuring our digital gathering spaces are as meaningful and engaging as they have been thus far. If, for whatever reason, you do not feel comfortable coming in person, that is ok! You are a welcome, integral part of our church family, and we will be happy to see you online!
What will Sunday Morning Look Like?
Please review the Comprehensive Re-Entry Plans for Fall 2020 found at the top of this page, but here are some of the main points to know:
- In-Person Services will resume on Sunday, November 1st, and be held on the first and third Sunday of each month to start.
- There will be 90 seats available for a Sunday morning. You are required to sign up in advance. Additional details about how to sign up will be emailed later this week.
- If you have any symptoms at all, or possible exposure, please stay home and participate online.
- When you arrive at church, you will be checked in to confirm your reservation and be screened.
- Masks must be worn over nose and mouth at all times in the building. If you do not have one, MCC will provide a mask for your use.
- There will be hand sanitizer available throughout the building.
- Chairs are set up in clusters that are 8’ apart. Please find a cluster of chairs that match your reservation. We will all stay in our chairs for the duration of the time we are at church.
- There will be bulletins and communion supplies on your chairs as necessary, and offering may be dropped in the basket near the doors. There will be no passed items during the service.
- Singing will be allowed. Measures have been taken to make this activity safe for everyone, please see the plan for complete details.
- Following the service, you will be dismissed in sections to avoid any bottlenecks as we move towards the exits. All participants will exit within 10 minutes of the service ending.
- Services will be kept to 60 minutes or less.
- There will be no greeting time or food and beverage provided by MCC. Any personal greetings will need to be extended outdoors.
- After each gathering, the sanctuary will be cleaned using a hospital-grade, hydrogen peroxide based cleaner.
How do I use the church for my Small Group or Meeting?
We are at the point where we feel we can safely allow the church to be used for Small Groups and Meetings. To safely do this, we need everyone to take part in this. Below you fill find some process and general guidelines to go about utilizing the church space for your meeting.
- Church Spaces will be available to begin being used on Sunday, November 8th.
- If you wish to use the space, you must sign up for it 24 hours in advance. This can either be done directly through Planning Center Resources for those who have access to it. If not, you can email the church office to reserve a space. Do not assume you have use of a space until you get a confirmation email from the office of Planning Center.
- Please be sure everyone in your group is comfortable with meeting in person.
- Masks and 6' Social Distancing will be expected at all times.
- All groups are requested to keep track of attendance at gatherings, and screen everyone before entering the building. Please submit this information to the office following all gatherings. Screening details are available in the full document.
- Please limit gatherings to 2 hours or less, we ask that you arrive no earlier then 10 mins, and leave the building within 5 mins.
- 30 mins will be left between each group for safety purposes.
- Please only use the 2 single use bathrooms in the back of the kids area.
- Groups will be expected to sanitize the space they use following each use. Instructions will be provided in the spaces.
- The following Limits are in place for each space:
- Large Kids Area will have a limit of 12 people
- Monadnock Room will have a limit of 6 people
- Kitchen will have a limit of 4 people, limited use